Joined by a Common Bond…
You can join ElecTel if you are a member/consumer (or a family member) of one of our approved North Carolina electric or telephone cooperatives. Membership is also open to the employees, directors, and officers of the electric and telephone cooperatives in North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Tennessee, and West Virginia. Family members – anyone related to you by blood, marriage, or adoption – are also eligible to join.
Joined by a Common Bond…
…Set Apart from the Rest!
Anyone can offer financial services, but credit union membership is truly a unique experience. Unlike a bank, whose primary goal is to maximize profit for a select group of stockholders, credit unions are owned and governed by members. Everyone has an equal voice. ElecTel exists to serve your financial needs by offering a full range of affordable, easy-to-obtain services. Our “profits” are returned to you in the form of higher savings rates, lower loan rates, and fewer fees than you’ll find at most other institutions.
"Once a member, Always a member."
Changing jobs or retiring? You don’t have to leave the credit union – your membership is good for life! Be sure to take ElecTel’s convenient and affordable financial services with you wherever you go!
ElecTel offers a full range of personalized services designed to meet the financial needs of its members and their families.
- Free Checking
- Visa Credit and Free debit cards
- Money market accounts
- Auto loans
- Secured and unsecured loans
- Home Equity Loans
- Free Online Banking, Bill Pay, and eStatements
- Accounts insured by NCUA up to $250,000
Your Deposits Are Safe and Secure!
Recently you may have heard about the various bank failures and began wondering…. Is your money safe? How much insurance coverage do I have on my account(s)? It is important to note that these failed banks were deeply involved in sub prime mortgage lending and had very little capital. Risky mortgages that were made, and the current housing market, resulted in some serious financial problems for them.
Please rest assured knowing ElecTel is financially healthy, with a strong balance sheet.
Federal insurance covering credit union:
- All credit unions are federally insured by a fund that, like the FDIC, is backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. government.
- As the FDIC does for banks, the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF) insures a person’s savings up to at least $250,000, with higher total coverage available if the member has a combination of individual, joint, trust, payable-on-death and other types of accounts; there is also separate insurance coverage of up to $250,000 for individual retirement accounts. Click here to visit the NCUA’s Web site opens in a new window.
How to Join ElecTel
If you are within our field of membership and would like to begin enjoying the credit union benefits, all you need to do is complete a brief membership application and submit it with a minimum deposit of $1. This opens your regular share (savings) account, which makes you eligible for all of our other member-friendly services. You have 3 easy options to open your new account today:
- Visit our Join Now page. You can open and fund your account online and complete everything in one simple step.
- You can fax the signed membership application to 1-919-876-8018.
- Come by one of our branches to open your account in person. Any way you choose, we make it simple for you to enjoy all of our products and services.