Tipping lets you show your appreciation to a delivery person or server’s hard work; plus, it can help them settle their monthly bill or pay their tuition fee. However, you might still be unsure when you should tip and how much you should tip in various situations. Below, you’ll learn more about tipping, so keep scrolling!
Server at a Restaurant
- Many servers earn only about $2 per hour. Tipping them 20% makes a huge difference. Did their service exceed your expectations? Tip them for 25%! You’ll never know how much impact you’re making with your kind gestures.
- At buffet restaurants, you choose and get your own food. However, remember that servers still refill your drinks. They also prepare new clean plates and cups for you. That would be a lot of plates to maintain especially when you consider the wide food choices available. Consider tipping them for at least 10%. If they showed superb service, don’t hesitate to be a little bit more generous with your tip!
- The fact that they prepared your food, and you don’t have to worry about what to cook for tonight is something to be grateful for. Tip for about 10% and make the server’s day a little brighter.
- Thanks to hardworking delivery people, your cravings for some fresh, hot pizza have been satisfied! Tip them $2 to $4 to show your gratitude. If they deliver your food in bad weather, try tipping them some more.
- While you’re not required to tip coffee baristas, a small act of kindness can go a long way. Place a dollar in that tip jar, enjoy your coffee, and make your favorite barista feel appreciated for their hard work.
- Wondering if you still need to tip a bartender? Of course! Preparing your favorite drink requires some art and expertise, so honor their craft by giving at least $1 or $2.
Hairstylist or Barber
- Getting a new haircut or hairstyle is one of the best ways to pamper yourself. Give your favorite hairstylist or barber a 20% to 25% tip. After all, they help you look younger and more confident!
- Not everyone can draw that permanent, beautiful, and unique piece of art on your body. Given this, tattoo artists deserve to receive a 20% tip. If you love how your tattoo turned out, why not tip more?
- Apart from getting a new haircut, getting a manicure may be one of your favorite forms of self-care. Tip like you would to a hairstylist. Manicurists also deserve a larger tip for keeping your nails clean and colorful.
- Not sure how much to tip an Uber, Lyft, or taxi driver? Around 15% to 20% will do. If you had a great ride, and your destination’s a bit far, feel free to raise your tip.
While tipping allows you to applaud a good service, it can also mean so much to servers, baristas, delivery people, hairstylists, and other passionate workers. Therefore, tip from 10% to 25% depending on the situation. When in doubt, just try to be more generous!